Avenger Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo?

3 posters

Go down

Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo? Empty Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo?

Post  Jessyka Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm

So, I'm in a bit of a pickle.
I'm going to do the August round of camp NaNoWriMo and, since I won't be able to do the real thing in in November, am determined to actually win. I have two ideas and I'm not sure which I want to do for it.
stunt
Idea Numbeo Uno --Already has a title: Fifteen Minutes Too Many -- Realistic Teen Fic
This is about Vee, who was a very well-known child star (Think like, Miranda Cosgrove or something along those lines), but she absolutely hates the pop music she created. Now going into her senior year of high school, Vee has realized she does, however, miss the fame. She will do anything to achieve some glimmer of what she once had and so, turns to what seems to be giving people a chance at stardom: the internet. Vee begins vlogging, but realizes her attempts are futile when people do not recognize her and find her videos boring. Then she meets Tristen -- crazy online and known for pulling publicity stunts, he's actually quite normal and nice in real life. The two team up and formulate an insane plan for fame, only, it doesn't work out how they both expect.

Pros of me doing this idea?: something new, a change of pace from my fantasies, hopefully funny.

Possible Cons: I tend to get really bored really easily with realistic fiction and it winds up sounding forced.

Idea Nombre Deux: Girl moves into city, gets involved with a gang, boom. It's vampires. (Ughh, so unoriginal Jess)

You can obviously see the jam I'm in. Something I'm comfortable with? Or something new I might not finish?

Help please? Also, if you come up with any ideas that I could incorporate into these, that would be great.
Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

https://avengerpod.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo? Empty Re: Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo?

Post  Shanley22 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:27 am

Hmmmm. That's a tough one. Is expanding your writing "horizons" or finishing more important?

I am also trying to decide what to work on for NaNo in August....

Shanley22

Back to top Go down

Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo? Empty Re: Help me decide what to write for Camp NaNoWriMo?

Post  Jessyka Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 pm

I think I'd like to finish this year just because I feel like I'll have gotten more "writing practice" in through that, but I still sort of want to play around with the more realistic idea. I might go with the familiar and stick the other idea in my list of other ideas for a later time.
Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

https://avengerpod.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  APrybs Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Maybe you could do a bit of combination of the two.

Like, Vee, desperate for a glimmer of her fame, dabbles in some illegal things, being the naive, pampered child-star she is/was. One of these interactions leads her to get in some trouble with a city gang, and bang, vampires come in and do something. I know your fondness of the species - are vampires a species? - and so maybe putting an original twist on them could help. One that would make it feasible for them to be skulking around a city, targeting gang-bangers preying on helpless child stars like Vee.

Just a thought Smile

APrybs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down